The technical program of presentations, workshops, and tutorials is complemented by a doctoral consortium that invites participation by PhD students at any stage and from any subject area within AI.
The goals of the doctoral consortium are
- to provide PhD students with the opportunity to present their ongoing research and receive feedback from established researchers;
- to promote networking among PhD students and AI researchers in general, both on a national and an international level;
- to support students with advice on academic, research, and industrial careers.
There will be a PhD workshop with oral presentations and a poster session during the KI main conference, both providing opportunity for obtaining feedback. Student coauthors of accepted KI research papers (short or long) can also apply for participation in any of the events of the PhD program.
Doctoral students may also participate in a mentoring program that will connect students with experienced researchers in their field. The organizers will try to schedule personal meetings between mentors and students. Students can indicate their interest in this program when submitting their contribution, or directly by contacting the organizers. The schedule of the meetings will be announced ahead of the event.
- An abstract of your thesis, formatted according to the KI guidelines, that describes the problem being addressed, the motivation for addressing the problem, related work, the progress made to date, and the proposed plan of further research. Target length of the abstract is 3-5 pages.
- A short CV that covers background (name, university, supervisor), education (degree sought, year/status in degree, previous degrees), employment, and experience in research (publications, presentations, conferences attended).
- Optionally, you can suggest potential mentors who could give you advice on technical aspects of your work and on your career.
Abstract submissions should be in English and must have a single author who is pursuing a PhD.
University of Freiburg
Application deadline: June 20, 2016 , July 4, 2016
Notification of acceptance: July 15, 2016
Presentations: September 27, 2016
Poster session: September 29, 2016
Mentoring event: TBA